10 Essentials You Need For Your Wedding Morning
As a wedding make-up artist in Liverpool, I have spent the morning with many, many wedding parties! This has given me a unique perspective on what practical items are vital to have on hand while wedding preparations are happening.
Here are my top 10 things that will make your wedding morning run smoother:
- Breakfast: Eating may be the last thing on your mind due to wedding nerves, but your wedding day is going to be a long one! Make sure you and your bridesmaids have a hearty breakfast, high in protein, to keep your energy levels up.
- Sewing Kit: You never know when there might be a snag, a small tear, or some beading that may come away. Safety pins and a needle and thread can save the day in many ways! Hopefully you won’t need it.
- Nail Kit: I can’t tell you how many times I have seen bridesmaids in a panic because their nails are a state! A bottle of nail varnish remover, some emery boards, and a nice neutral nail varnish is good to have on just in case someone couldn’t get to their manicurist.
- Small pair of scissors: These will be needed to remove tags, trim those annoying ribbon hanger things on dresses, or snip any loose threads.
- Crochet hook: Absolutely essential if the bride has those beautiful buttons down the back of her dress. Give the groom one as well for the wedding night!
- Shoe comforts: Blister plasters, cushioned insoles for heels, plasters. Spare tights as well if needed.
- Tit tape: Double sided tape made to prevent wardrobe malfunctions. It can be a lifesaver for dresses that want to gape and show off a bit too much of the bridesmaids!
- Pants: Nude no VPL ones to be exact. You never know who might forget to wear appropriate knickers!
- A kick ass playlist: Music can make or break a wedding morning! Make a playlist of your fave upbeat tracks, love songs, and maybe even throw in a couple of sentimental tear jerking emotional tunes.
- Chill: Yes it is nerve wrecking, but try to relax, enjoy and take it all in. I can tell you from experience, your wedding day flies by far too fast. Months of preparation is over in a matter of hours. Take it all in, this is your big day!
Are you planning on making a wedding morning survival kit? Will it include any of the above? Anything you would like to add? I would love to hear from you! Comment below with your best tips for the wedding morning.
Mobile wedding make-up artist and hair stylist covering Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire, Lancashire, St Helens, Widnes. Fresh, natural, radiant bridal makeup in your home or chosen venue. glamoramamakeup.com/weddings
Liverpool Wedding Make-up Artist