6 Beauty Products for Flawless Wedding Makeup that Lasts!
My most recent Q&A post for the blog was all about what products you may need to touch up your makeup on your wedding day. The question inspired me to write another article about which products I use in my professional make-up kit that are essential for creating a long-lasting flawless look.
Of course, as a MUA, I will highly recommend that you employ a make-up artist who specialises in weddings to get you and your wedding party looking picture perfect. But if you would rather do your own make-up, then I highly recommend that you are sure to use the following products. It is also good to know just for doing your every day or night out make-up!
- Primer! A non-essential step to many, using the correct primer before your foundation will make your base go on easier and last much longer. There are many different types for all types of skin so choose wisely! I like Nars Smooth and Protect or Radiance Enhancing primers and Nuturing Force Blot Out Offensive for very oily skins (that is a true make-up artist secret!).
- Eye shadow primer! Wonder how people managed to wear their eye shadow all day without it creasing or fading away? This is why! My absolute favourite is Urban Decay Potion Eye Primer, it has never failed me and I have used it for many years.
- Waterproof mascara! Of course, it goes without saying that you will need a waterproof mascara, as there may be tears! I love L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes waterproof formula, it makes lashes long and luscious, doesn’t flake or smudge.
- Long wearing lipsticks! But not those horrible matte liquid lipsticks that flake and peel away (looking at you Kylie Kardashian Lip Kits!) My favourite formulas are Nars Lip Velvets, Illamasqua Lip Lacquers, and Pierre Rene Professional Royal Matte Lipsticks.
- Setting spray! Or what I like to call “Magic Spray”! This is a must-have that sets your finished makeup and makes it stay put until you take it off. I recommend the Make-Up For Ever Mist + Fix and Skindinavia Bridal setting spray.
- Blotting Papers! Powder once, and then blot for the rest of the day to keep the shine away. Overpowdering can make your make-up looked caked on! I love these cute blotting papaers which I order from Korea off ebay and I put them in the touch up kit that I give to all of my brides. You can also get great blotting papers from Muji (we need a shop in Liverpool!) or NYX at Boots.
Do you have a specific beauty concern that you would like advice on? I am always happy to help! Email me email@example.com and let’s chat!
Mobile wedding make-up artist and hair stylist covering Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire, Lancashire, St Helens, Widnes. Fresh, natural, radiant bridal makeup in your home or chosen venue. glamoramamakeup.com/weddings
Liverpool Wedding Make-up Artist