How To Choose Reliable Wedding Suppliers
As a wedding makeup artist, I belong to quite a few local wedding groups on Facebook. Sadly, there have been times when couples have posted about having issues with wedding suppliers, lack of communication, last minute cancellations, even suppliers who have simply dissapeared with their hard earned money. How can you choose quality wedding professionals that you can rely on? Here are my top tips:
- Check their reviews. Google the business, and look at the reviews. Google will show reviews from themselves, Facebook, Yelp, and other trusted review sites, so you can see the big picture. Look at wedding websites like Hitched and Bridebook and check out their listings. It is worth baring in mind that one bad review doesn’t mean that a business is terrible, but look for patterns, both positve and negative!
- Ask if they have public liability insurance. Most businesses will need some kind of insurance to protect themselves and their clients.
- Do they have a back up plan? Don’t be afraid to ask suppliers what would happen should they not be well for your big day. Do they have a contigency plan in place in case they cannot fufill their commitments to you?
- Look at their website and social media. If they have a professional up-to date website and are active on social media, they are obviously investing in their business. This will probably mean they are less likely to skip out on their couples.
- The price seems too good to be true, it probably is. There are many cheap wedding suppliers on Facebook and other social media, some are great, some are not. It is very tempting to make a snap decision when the price is so good. Do your homework before you book with anyone!
I hope that this has given you some food for thought! Wedding planning is so stressful, it is really important to book with trusted professionals who are known for their excellent service. Doing that bit of extra research could save you so much in the long run!
Mobile wedding makeup and hair covering Liverpool, Cheshire, Wirral, and across the North West