The search for the perfect wedding make-up artist can be very daunting. There are hundreds of MUAs in the Liverpool area, and it seems every salon now has a resident MUA. Prices range from the bargain end to the top luxury services. Finding the best artist for your needs is so important. Most importantly, you want an artist who will deliver a professional and hygienic service.You want a makeup artist who can deliver a professional & hygienic service #theliverpoolweddingblog Click To Tweet
Can a make-up artist be hazardous to your health?
Unfortunately, yes they can! Unhygienic practices can spread cold sores, conjunctivitis, or other communicable diseases. That is not a cute look! Here is a list of hygiene practices that every professional make-up artist should be following.
- Washing hands or using hand santitizer before every application.
- Using disposable wands for mascara and lip gloss applications. No double dipping!
- Brushes look and smell clean!
- Cleaning brushes between clients, or using a clean set of brushes. Baby wiped are NOT an acceptable way to clean and sanitise make-up brushes.
- Products and packaging are visibly clean.
- Sharpening eye liner and lip liner before each use.
- False lashes are brand new and straight out of the packaging with no glue residue on the band.
If you think that the make-up artist’s kit looks unclean, do not let them use anything on your face!
It is not worth it to be at risk for any number of infections. A qualified and experienced MUA will have been properly trained in the importance of keeping a clean and hygienic kit. They will also know how to spot any contraindications to make-up application. I keep various disposable applicators and brushes on hand just in case. There have been times when I have had a bridesmaid with conjunctivitis or a cold sore on the wedding day! It is such an important day, I would not be able to refuse application. With the use of disposables and careful hygiene practices, I was able to provide make-up for these clients.
I hope that this article has been informative and helpful when choosing a wedding make-up artist in Liverpool. If you have any questions, please comment below or contact me.
Mobile wedding make-up artist and hair stylist covering Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire, Lancashire, St Helens, Widnes. Fresh, natural, radiant bridal makeup in your home or chosen venue. glamoramamakeup.com/weddings
Liverpool Wedding Make-up Artist