Top Tips for Your Wedding Make-up and Hair Trial – and What to Expect!
Ever wonder what your wedding make-up and hair trial will be like?
Wedding season is in full swing! I absolutely LOVE meeting up with brides across Liverpool and the North West at their trial, or what I prefer to call “preview”, and creating your perfect wedding day look. Some brides feel a bit daunted by the idea of the trial, so here is a rundown of what to expect as well as some helpful tips.
At your preview you can expect to spend a couple of hours with your MUA. I start with all of the boring admin type stuff like contracts, and then I work out a schedule for the wedding day with you so that you can inform your wedding party what time they need to be ready for having their makeup/hair done. Then we discuss the style of the wedding and how you would like to look on the day. After that, the fun begins!
We play with makeup and create a look that makes you look and feel absolutely fantastic.
I show you what we are doing as we go along and get her feedback so that I can tweak the look until it is spot on. I keep the dialogue open and check that she is happy during the process. I then create a face chart with the products used and take photos for reference.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most from your preview:
- Please wear your normal, everyday makeup to the trial. This gives me an idea of your personal style, and I will remove everything for you.
- Bring along as many inspiration photos of makeup/hair as you like, we will discuss what you want and create a special look just for you!
- Please let me know of any allergies or sensitivities that you or your bridal party have.
- If you are considering a spray tan before your wedding day, I would recommend you have a trial of that as well. Ideally 2 days before we have our trial. It isn’t essential, but it will give us both a better idea of the finished look.
- If we are doing a hair trial, please do not wash your hair the day of the trial. It is best washed the day before, unless you have very greasy hair.
- Skin care is essential! Your makeup will only look as good as the skin beneath it. Please ensure you are cleansing, toning and moisturising twice a day including a good eye cream. Never sleep in makeup!!!
- Facials are great, however they can bring out blemishes. Leave 5-7 days after a facial before our trial (same goes for your wedding day).
- Have any facial or brow waxing done at least 2 days prior to your trial and also wedding day. I do recommend having your brows waxed and groomed, they play a huge part in framing your face!
- Book your trial to coincide with your engagement photos,hen do, or other special occasion! Make the most of having your makeup done, and give it a ‘test run’.
[bctt tweet=”What to expect from your wedding make-up trial…” username=”LivWedBlog”]
I hope you have found this article helpful. I am really excited to be booking for 2018 and 2019! I still have some dates available for wedding makeup and hair in Liverpool, Cheshire, Wirral, and the entire North West of England. Visit my website to see my portfolio and request a personal quote.
Mobile wedding make-up artist and hair stylist covering Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire, Lancashire, St Helens, Widnes. Fresh, natural, radiant bridal makeup in your home or chosen venue. glamoramamakeup.com/weddings
Liverpool Wedding Make-up Artist